News Center

Small Glass Sand Producing Plant

The modern era began in 1929 when Earle T. Andrews, a young engineer, was assigned by Pennsylvania Glass Sand Corporation to design and construct a new Berkeley Plant, the largest and most advanced silica facility of its time. The Berkeley Plant was still the core of the Morgan County sand-mining industry more than 70 years later.

Related News